This message was just released by Guilford Board of Education Communications Coordinator Lorri Hahn about Guilford Public Schools cancellation of school Thursday, Nov. 1st:
Dear GPS Community,
Guilford Public Schools will be closed on Thursday, November 1st due to continued power outages and the need to clear roads of debris and wires.
The Town of Guilford has postponed Halloween until after power has been restored and roads are clear. A new date for Trick or Treating will be announced in the near future.
The Town of Guilford has put together an Emergency Information Document with water availability, power restoration updates and other important information. You can also access this information on the Guilford Public Schools website.
Several events and activities have been impacted by the school closures this week. Detailed updates will be provided as soon as they become available. At this time, the following information is available:
- Elementary school conferences scheduled for Thursday and Friday will be addressed once school resumes.
- Guilford High School conferences will be rescheduled with more information to follow.
- The Homecoming Dance at Guilford High School scheduled for Saturday, November 3rd will be rescheduled.
- Information will be communicated regarding end-of-quarter grades and report cards.
- The CIAC and the GHS Athletic Department will have a revised schedule for athletic events.
- The Guilford HIgh School Jazz Ensemble Concert scheduled for November 1st is rescheduled for December 11th.
We will continue to assess the power and road accessibility on Thursday and a decision will be made on whether schools can reopen on Friday.
We wish you and your families continued safety as you recover from the storm and hope to see you soon!
Guilford Public Schools