Blizzard 2013 has certainly brought some of the worst weather, but in Guilford, all this snow is also bringing out the best of communities in the town. Thanks to readers sharing on our Facebook page, we've heard about some great stories about neighbors helping each other out- whether it be by working together to clear roads, helping keep each other spirits up, or trying to help someone out who hasn't been plowed out.
Do you have a story? We would love to share it. Just post it in the comments!
After hearing that their neighborhood may not get plowed out until Tuesday, Folks living on Bluff View Drive headed outside to start clearing their road. Elizabeth Whiffen Coon shared a picture of her neighbors with this caption: "Neighbors on Bluff View Drive working together to get the road cleared. The town is unable to get here till Tuesday."
Susan Kennedy shared her picture with this caption: "Neighbors work together to clear their streets." The response on Facebook:
- Mark Holbrook What a great idea,neighbor helping neighbor and the town,great job !!!
- Tom Hurteau Love to see them helping each other the way it should be!!!
- Lisa Lamb Guerra Thank you neighbors!!!
- Erin Cecchini Thank u guys sooooo much your the best neighbors ever!!
- Tina Roman Thanks for posting Susan! Yes, there were about 6 guys who literally started a movement that "snowballed" to involve the whole neighborhood and which resulted in about 3/4 of a mile cleared to the main road! Well done neighbors.