As Guilford continues its ongoing clean up efforts following the now infamous Blizzard of 2013, another round of wintry weather is headed our way.
A strengthening coastal storm system is expected to impact the area from Saturday into early Sunday, according to hazardous weather report from the National Weather Service issued for several areas in CT.
'Widespread' & 'Significant'
The storm is predicted to bring with it "widespread" and "significant" precipitation.
"The precipitation is forecast to be mainly rain at the coast and a wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain inland," the meteorologists stated in their report, with a "possibility for significant snowfall accumulations across Connecticut's "far interior zones."
They added, however, that there is "still quite a bit of uncertainty" for this storm, and where area's receive mainly snow or mainly rain — or a mix in between — will depend on how the storm eventually tracks.
If the forecast is accurate, Guilford can expect a wintry mix Friday night, likely rain and snow on Saturday, and rain on Sunday. Here is this weekend's weather outlook for Guilford:
- Friday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 38. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Friday Night: A slight chance of snow and freezing rain after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday: A chance of snow before 9am, then rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 39. East wind 6 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Night: Rain. Low around 36. Breezy, with a north wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Sunday: Rain likely before 9am, then rain and snow likely between 9am and noon, then a chance of snow after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.